The Fort Mill Care Center had a demanding year in 2009. Below is a recap of their year…
Fort Mill Care Center — 2009
- Easter Baskets— 75;were given out School Back Packs — 271 filled back packs given out
- Toothbrushes — 335 families were given toothbrushes & tooth paste.
- Santa’s Helper 654 children were given gifts from “Santa” plus 120 children that were handled thru Kelly Lavallee
- Breakfast with Santa (at US Foods) fed 69 families (175 children)
- Thanksgivings Dinner were given out to 261 families
- Christmas Dinners were given out to 207 families
- Winter Coats — were collected (& 700 were cleaned by the Cleaners) plus some additional coats that were dropped off at the Center.
- A total of 5,432 families came through the doors of the Center.
- A total 3,906 families were served food during the year.
- $193,256 was paid out for utilities for clients of the Center
- $41,808 was paid out for prescriptions for clients ofthe Center
- $3,930 was paid for misc items for clients (such as dental)
- Fema money was used for rents in the amount of almost $29,000.
Overall administrative expenses totaled $5,682 for an average of 2% overhead expenses…. (phone, copy machine, insurances, office supplies, audit expenses, etc.)